What does it mean to detoxify or heal in a resort-like setting with maximum levels of luxury and comfort?
Around the United States of America, multiple drug and alcohol rehabilitation facilities have been offering luxury rehab services to those who aim to have an enjoyable and comfortable addiction recovery experience. This is something that has grown more and more popular around the country, not just in Houston, Texas.
Although, how would you know if luxury rehab would work for you or your family members?
Like most things in life, luxury rehab has pros and cons. These factors can help you decide whether these are things that could help you as you journey towards your addiction recovery.
- A luxury rehab will offer an unmatched level of privacy and confidentiality that no traditional rehab can match. This is why most celebrities and high-level executives prefer a luxury rehab over a traditional one.
- A luxury rehab will provide a maximum level of comfort for their patients and those family members or friends who wish to visit them while they’re undergoing addiction treatment.
- A luxury rehab will have luxurious amenities and activities that temporarily relieve your anxiety and depression.
- A luxury rehab often prides itself on offering a wider selection of choices within the 12-step process. You can even choose your therapists and have better access to alternative treatments like animal-assisted therapies, acupuncture, and more.
- A luxury rehab offers enjoyable amenities such as a spa, hang-gliding, pools, and more.
While everything on that list sounds ideal for an enjoyable addiction treatment experience, there is also some downside to luxury rehabs.
- A luxury rehab often costs higher than traditional rehab, and some don’t really translate to a higher quality of therapy.
- A luxury rehab might have way too much self-direction, and we know that patients themselves might not have the knowledge when it comes to choosing the best therapists and what-not.
- A luxury rehab might have less focus on healing, and they might struggle to return to their normal lives.
- A luxury rehab will often use luxury as a distraction, which can end up disastrous as these patients won’t receive the treatment they really need to ensure their long-term sobriety.
- A luxury rehab might not have the proper tools and equipment to set up each patient on a successful road towards addiction recovery.
Don’t get us wrong, there are great luxury rehabs out there that focus on both luxury and excellent care so patients can reach their goals of having a healthier and more sober lifestyle. Mallard Lake Detox Center on the outskirts of Houston, Texas, is one of them.
For more information about luxury rehabs and the treatments we offer, give us a call at Mallard Lake Detox Center. We’re here for you, and we will ensure that your goals and needs are met alongside comfort and luxury. That’s a guarantee!