Opiates and meth have taken over our country, so much so that it has given birth to the opiate crisis. The crisis hasn’t spared anyone, and Houston, Texas is nothing special. Houston too has been under opiate crisis for years now giving several opportunities to the rehab centers to help people.
The experts have come up with research and data which prove the ongoing meth and opiate crisis in Houston. Here’s how it goes.
Opiate and Meth Crisis in Houston
As we know meth is one of the most addictive forms of drugs. Continued use of meth can have devastating effects on the user’s body. Even the studies show that there have been numerous deaths due to opiates and meth.
Here are a few numbers proving the meth and opiate crisis in Houston:
- More than 12,000 people lost their lives to meth addiction and overdose in the year 2017.
- About 1,100 people died due to prescription drug addiction, including meth.
- The state loses about 5 per every 100,000 people each year to opiate-related deaths.
- This results in an overall average of 14 deaths per 100,000 citizens across the country.
- About 3 to 4 people die every month solely due to opiate and meth overdose.
- Even the nationwide hospital records from 2008 to 2015 suggest there has been a shocking rise of 245% in the number of meth and other amphetamines-related admissions.
Experts also say that the only way to save our nation from losing more people to drug-related deaths is by eliminating the use of drugs and curing addiction. One effective way to treat addiction is by attending a rehab program.
Drug Detox at Mallard Lake Detox Center
If you or anyone you know is addicted to drugs, immediately consult experts at a rehab center. Visit Mallard Lake Detox center for effective drug detox.
You may also recommend our services to your loved ones residing in Fort Worth, Texas. Contact our team today!