There’s a point in our lives when most of us would dabble in drinking alcoholic beverages.
This is normal, as drinking alcohol is seen as a rite of passage for most people.
However, when would you know when this “hobby” has gone too far, and you’re starting to become an alcoholic?
Here at Mallard Lake Detox Center, we aim to educate our readers and prospective patients regarding all things addiction and recovery.
In this article, we’re going to show you questions to ask yourselves in order to determine if you’re really an alcoholic or not.
These days, the terminology used for alcoholism is “alcohol use disorder.” This terminology aims to remove the stigmatization of the word “alcoholic” and make it a lot easier to diagnose people going through this disorder.
Gone are the days when alcoholism was still seen as a taboo – this is why Mallard Lake Detox Center aims to provide the necessary support and services to those who might need our help.
If you’re wondering whether you or someone you care about is suffering from alcohol use disorder, here are some questions that you can ask:
- Are you unable to cut back on your alcohol consumption?
- Do you drink regularly more than you intend to?
- Have you been spending a lot of time drinking alcoholic beverages?
- Are you craving alcohol often?
- Have you been building some kind of tolerance towards alcohol?
Some additional questions that you may ask are the following:
- Has alcohol started interfering with your personal or professional relationships?
- Are you getting bad hangovers after binge drinking?
- Have you been drinking even though it has been causing you problems?
If you’ve answered “yes” to most of these questions, it might be high time to rethink your direction in life.
There’s nothing to worry about, though, because it’s not yet too late, and there are people and facilities out there ready to help those suffering from alcohol use disorder.
You simply need to decide and take the first step towards sobriety.
To know more about Mallard Lake Detox Center’s Alcohol Addiction Treatment, reach out to our team of experts today.
Mallard Lake Detox Center has a beautiful and luxurious facility just outside of Houston, Texas – we can’t wait to welcome you here.