Deciding to go for addiction treatment becomes your first and the right step towards recovery. Next, what you have to choose will be whether to go for an inpatient or outpatient treatment program.
An inpatient treatment program will require you to stay at the facility until you are fit enough to return to your normal life. Whereas an outpatient program will give you the liberty of attending the therapies while also attending to your regular duties like work or school.
An outpatient program is more liberal than an inpatient one but does not compromise on the treatments and therapies. The program provides counseling, education and support groups for better treatment results. Therefore, an outpatient program can be considered if you are not severely addicted and have other responsibilities to take care of.
Types Of Outpatient Programs
- Day Program: this form of treatment provides the highest level of care with proper structure. Patients undergo sessions for several hours for about 5 to 7 days a week at a rehab facility. They also participate in counseling and other therapies like art and music.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP): this treatment form works on the basis of milestones and measures progress with every session. As the patient progresses with their recovery, the therapy time reduces, and this can become a suitable option for those who need to attend to other responsibilities.
- Continuing Care: some examples of continuing care treatment will be Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous, which helps the patients with ongoing therapies and support. These meetings are usually supervised by a licensed therapist.
Ideal Patients For Outpatient Treatment
An outpatient treatment program is ideal for those patients who suffer from mild to minor addiction and wish to break free from the same before it becomes severe. Such patients can also be the ones who have to take care of work, household chores or even school or university. However, there are other reasons which can incline your decision towards an outpatient treatment program:
- Affordability: it is a cost-effective treatment program as it does not have to provide accommodation and other facilities at the centre.
- Flexibility: it has flexible timings, and you can even schedule your sessions as per your convenience so that you don’t miss out on your daily routine.
- Access to the family: you have the constant support of your family members as you are living with them at your own home.
Finding An Outpatient Treatment Center In Houston, Texas
Finding an outpatient treatment center that also suits your needs could be difficult. But there is no need to worry now as Mallard Lake Detox Center in Houston; Texas provides the best quality treatment and therapies for all its outpatient treatment patients. Contact our center now to know more about the outpatient treatment plans and other therapies.