The cases of addiction to alcohol and drugs have risen rapidly in the past few years. Considering this scenario, it becomes necessary to spread awareness about the same, especially among teens.
Thus, to spread awareness and shatter the myths about drugs and alcohol, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has come up with National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week.
What is National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week?
The National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week, or NDAFW is a health observance week specifically for teens. It aims at shattering the myths about drugs and alcohol. And was launched in the year 2010.
What to Expect at National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week?
It has been observed that the younger generation, especially teens are attracted to drugs and alcohol. Usually the inspiration to consume these substances is gained from TV shows, movies, music, or even from friends who do drugs. Thus, to keep children and teens safe and away from drugs and alcohol, the experts organize events across the country. These events focus on spreading awareness about the health and behavioral effects of substances on the users.
How can I Plan an Event for the NDAFW?
It is a commendable decision if you are willing to plan an event for the NDAFW. However, if you are confused about how to do it, then the NDAFW website is there to help you. Here’s what you can find there:
- An online toolkit with suggestions to plan an event
- How to find experts
- Who can participate
- How to connect with NIDA staffers
- Who can help
- How to register your event
- How to get materials for teens like National Drug & Alcohol IQ Challenge quiz, etc.
Check out the website and all your queries will be answered.
Who are the Federal Partners for NDAFW?
The federal partners for the NDAFW include
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- The White House Office of National Drug Control Policy
- The Office of Safe and Healthy Students in the U.S. Department of Education
- The Drug Enforcement Administration in the U.S. Department of Justice
Mallard Lake Detox Center in Dallas, Texas might not be a part of the NDAFW, but it surely supports sobriety. Thus, if you know someone who needs help to overcome addiction, then we are here to help them. Give us a call and we will schedule an appointment with our experts.