Convenient Alcohol Addiction Treatment in Houston
Alcohol addiction – also called alcohol dependence, alcoholism, and alcohol use disorder (AUD) – is a disease that affects people from all walks of life. Young and old, men and women, and different races all experience alcohol addiction. While some people are at a higher risk for developing alcoholism, no one is immune from becoming addicted to drinking.
When someone needs alcohol addiction treatment, they shouldn’t have to travel far. Mallard Lake Detox Center is a luxury rehab in Houston that helps individuals overcome alcohol addiction. We provide compassionate care in a professional setting, with one goal in mind: to help you reach and retain sobriety.
When does drinking become a problem?
Most people consider drinking at gatherings or to relax after a long day acceptable. But when your drinking causes health or social problems, an alcohol use disorder may be near or present.
Signs of alcohol use disorder
According to Yale Medicine, these are the signs of alcohol addiction:
“A person who regularly consumes alcohol who has two or more of the following signs and symptoms within a period of one year may be diagnosed with AUD:
- Consuming alcohol in greater quantities or for longer than planned
- Unsuccessful attempts to reduce or manage alcohol use
- Expending a lot of time acquiring, using, or recovering from alcohol
- Feeling compelled to consume alcohol
- Alcohol use recurrently hinders ability to successfully complete important tasks at home, work, or school
- Continuing alcohol use despite problems it causes in interacting with others
- Foregoing or limiting participation in important activities at home, work, or school
- Repeated use of alcohol in physically dangerous circumstances (e.g., while operating a motor vehicle)
- Continuing to use alcohol despite knowing that it is the cause of or exacerbates mental or physical problems
- Developing tolerance to alcohol, meaning that greater quantities of alcohol are required to become intoxicated”
- Experiencing symptoms of withdrawal if alcohol use is stopped, or consuming alcohol to alleviate symptoms of withdrawal”
Risk factors for alcohol addiction
Some people are more prone to developing alcoholism, depending on certain factors, such as their behaviors, upbringing, attitudes toward drinking, and family history.
Your risk for an alcohol use disorder increases with:
- Binge drinking
- Depression, PTSD, and other mental health conditions
- Heavy alcohol use
- History of childhood abuse
- History of conduct or mood disorder in childhood
- Family history of alcoholism and other substance use disorders
- Permissive societal attitudes towards alcohol use
Alcohol addiction treatment services
We offer a diverse range of treatment options for alcohol addiction, including:
- Alcohol detox
- Residential treatment program
- Partial hospitalization
- Outpatient treatment
Get personalized, compassionate treatment in a professional environment at Mallard Lake Detox Center, a luxury rehab in Houston. Call (936) 800-8025 or complete our online form to get started.